- NKN 1-click GUI Miner Software Released (now supports Windows in addition to Linux and MacOS)
- The public testnet maintains over 2600 nodes with 96% hosted by the community, and the peak number of nodes was 5,878.
- November AMA with NKN founding team covers business development, partnerships, R&D plans, and more
- 100,000 NKN prize for the best dMessenger over NKN
- Latest update from Portal Networks on the NKN Name Service
- NKN’s vision for the internet’s next Billion users
NKN 1-click GUI Miner Software Released
The NKN’s 1-click GUI Miner software was released on November 16th. This miner will allow users to more easily download, install and run NKN Nodes as well as offer a web interface to manage your node and wallet with support for linux, MacOS, and Windows platforms. Please find setup instructions as well as a link to the latest Github release below.
Mining instructions: https://github.com/nknorg/nkn-mining/releases/download/v0.0.1/NKNMining-Guides.pptx
Github repository: https://github.com/nknorg/nkn-mining/releases
Github source code development progress
NKN testnet code development progress over the last two weeks is mainly reflected in several branches of the following code repositories: nkn, nnet, nkn-wallet-js, nkn-client-js, and nkn-mining. In addition, we are rewriting and improving a few key components which are yet to be revealed.
Two new versions are released. The latest release: v0.5.3 is the stable release.
NKN Testnet v0.5.2-alpha
- Verify and handle msg before sending to neighbors to prevent duplicate transaction being broadcasted
- Monitor number of neighbors and exit if node has no neighbors
NKN Testnet v0.5.3-alpha
- Introduce beneficiary wallet address that will receive the mining reward instead of node’s wallet
- Will try to remove invalid transactions when building new block
- Code refinement
- Fixed several bugs
NKN testnet maintains over 2,600 nodes
The public testnet consistently has more than 2,600 nodes hosted by community members from all of the world, and the peak number of nodes was 5,878. Out of these nodes, only 100 were deployed by the NKN project team. This indicates that 96% of the test nodes were contributed by the NKN community.
November AMA with NKN Founding Team
On November 10th, NKN hosted the projects first ever live AMA on Telegram. Participating from NKN were founding core members including:
- Yanbo Li — Founder, CEO and Core Dev
- Bruce Li — Co-Founder, Co-CEO
- Yilun Zhang — Co-Founder, CTO
- Allen Dixon — VP of Business Development
Over the course of 1 hour, the NKN team answered questions about business development, partnerships, R&D plans and more. Please check out both our Reddit Q&A as well as the live feed of our November AMA on telegram via the links below.
Live Telegram Feed: https://t.co/PlPpDe6FjX
100,000 NKN Prize for dMessenger over NKN
We are calling for volunteers to port some open source messaging app to NKN. For a good one with >500 Daily Active Users, the grand prize will be 100,000 NKN.
Since we tweeted out this bounty reward, several high caliber developers have expressed interest in the open challenge. They will not only compete for the reward, but also glory and fun!
NKN Name Service Update from Portal Networks
Portal Networks is committed to building the NKN Name service on top of NKN’s network. In their latest post, Portal Networks shares with their community more information about NKN’s technology and protocol. Please find details in the Portal Networks week 3 NKN Name Service medium post below.
NKN For The Next Billion Users
The next phase of growth for the internet will come from the next Billion users and companies like Google and Facebook have initiatives seeking to find solutions to meet the demand. Much of this growth will come from emerging markets. NKN’s blockchain powered communication network is poised to provide a solution for the next Billion users by offering both technology and innovation as well as a new business model that incentivizes sharing resources that offset the cost of network deployment.
Check out the full video here:
Building Web3.0 Applications: Infrastructure
Come join the CTOs of four leading decentralized infrastructure projects Bluzelle, NKN, NOIA Network and Portal Network, to have a sneak peak at the why’s and how’s of building the future Web 3.0 applications.
- If you are a developer: come see live demos, and learn the SDKs that can build a future Instagram and WhatsApp without centralized services.
- If you are a blockchain enthusiast and investor: come talk to the founders of some of the most promising projects in this space.
- If you like technology, decentralization, and hanging out with like-minded people, come join us too.
Silicon Valley event (Thursday Nov’29, OnePiece Palo Alto):
San Francisco event (Friday Nov’30, Starfish Mission):
NKN is a new kind of network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by blockchain for an open, decentralized, and shared Internet. By blockchainizing the network layer, NKN is providing the missing third pillar of internet infrastructure. Just as Ethereum has done for compute and Filecoin for storage, NKN will decentralize network connectivity and transmission.