- Two New MainNet releases: v1.1.6-beta and v1.1.5-beta
- GSMA Case Study: NKN + China Mobile for Video Content Delivery
- NKN SDK: powering client side communication without servers
- Insights Online Blockchain Summit – NKN Communication as a Service
- Official Blog Re-launched
- nMobile Demo Video
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Mainnet Stats April 2, 2020:
- 🌐 43 countries & regions
- 🏭 179 ISPs or cloud providers
- 💻 15,562 full consensus nodes
MainNet v1.1.5-beta Release
This is a minor release with improvements across logs, build, security, and client. Please see the details below. Upgrade is recommended.
- Remove old log files if total log file size exceeds a limit
- Add web directory to git repo for user’s convenience
- Add docker entrypoint to create default config/wallet/certs/etc
- Will not cache block with invalid signature
- Add neighbor sent block with invalid signature to blacklist
- Use periodical ping/pong message to detect client timeout rapidly
- Will put message into buffer if client timeout
MainNet v1.1.6-beta Release
On March 31st, NKN released MainNet v1.1.6-beta. This version fixes a few potential security problems found during our ongoing security audit. In addition, it fixes a problem that might cause a join network failure.
- Prevent last 2 elements in sigchain to be the same
- Returns error if proposal txn hash list contains duplicate
- Will not cache sigchain txn with invalid txn signature
- Use random neighbor probabilistically chance when stabilize
- Unify fee subtract and nonce increment logic for all txn types
- Check amount and fee range when checking payload
- Connect to random neighbor first when joining the network to improve join reliability
The latest stable release for mainnet is v1.1.6-beta
GSMA Case Study: NKN + China Mobile for Video Content Delivery
NKN, together with the GSMA organization and China Mobile, published a case study showing the real-world benefits of NKN’s microhosting and content delivery capabilities to support video service providers. These benefits not only include incremental revenue for mobile operators but also reductions in operational expenses due to backhaul savings and customer experience improvements. The results of which came from our experience in collaborating with China Mobile to provide content delivery services to one of the largest video service providers in China.
Please check out our case study to learn more:
GSMA is a leading industry organization representing more than 750 Mobile Network Operator members worldwide as well as a further 400 companies in the mobile ecosystem.
China Mobile is the largest telecom provider in the world with more than 900 Million subscribers.
On March 25th, NKN published, “NKN SDK: powering client side communication without servers”. For developers, this article provides a great overview of new capabilities and enhancements that the NKN SDK can offer your application as well as example applications and resources to help you along your journey.
Read the full article at: https://blog.nkn.org/nkn-sdk-powering-client-side-communication-without-servers/
Insights Online Blockchain Summit – NKN Communication as a Service
NKN Co-Founder Bruce Li presents “Communication as a Service powered by Blockchain” at the Online Blockchain Summit, Insights (co-hosted by Wanchain and FinNexus) available now.
Direct link to the video is here:
Official Blog Re-launched
The NKN official blog will include a collection of curated articles about NKN news as well as related topics such as blockchain, Web3.0, and more. Complementary to the blog is the NKN Forum which will be the place for interactive community discussions. Between NKN blog and forum, there will be more ways than ever to engage with the NKN team.
nMobile Demo Video
nMobile is NKN’s new mobile application that includes secure and private chat, NKN token wallet, and more. If you haven’t had a chance to try it for yourself, please see the latest demo videos that showcase the unique features of this application. If you are a community member, NKN miner, or just want a convenient way to get your NKN news on the go, you need to try nMobile.
Download nMobile on Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nkn.mobile.app
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.