- New MainNet v1.1.3-beta Release
- nMobile the all-in-one NKN app released for community testing
- Chat Customer Support powered by nPubSub
- Upcoming NKN presentation at Insights Summit
- Chinese New Year holidays (Jan’24–20)
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Mainnet Stats January 20, 2020:
🌐 44 countries & regions
🏭 214 ISPs or cloud providers
💻 16,207 full consensus nodes
NKN mainnet code development progress over the last two weeks is mainly reflected in nknd, tuna, nkn-java-sdk, nMobile, nkn-multiclient-js, nkn-client-js, nshell-chrome-extension, nkn-multiclient-js, portmapper, nkn-tunnel, and nkn-wallet-js public repositories and different branches, as well as nMobile app and ncdn related private repositories.
- Pull Request: 16
- Commits: 93
The latest stable release for mainnet is v1.1.3-beta
New Mainnet v1.1.3-beta Release
On January 8th, NKN released Mainnet v1.1.3-beta, which officially enables support for https/wss. This new release includes:
- TLS certs content has been updated. Please make sure to update certs!
- TLS certs name has been changed for window compatibility.
- Just in case you missed the previous upgrade info: please make sure port 30004/30005 are also open, otherwise TLS clients will not be able to connect to you.
For additional details, please check out our release notes.
nMobile — the all-in-one NKN app released for community testing
NKN has released nMobile, NKN’s all-in one mobile app which combines NKN wallet, D-Chat, NKN news, mining node monitoring, as well as IoT communication and control into one easy to use app. The new version includes added security, bug fixes, and UI adjustments. Currently nMobile supports Android, and is under development to support iOS.
- Fixed message duplication bug
- Improved Message sorting based even when received out of order
- Fixed the occasional app freeze problem
- Added security verification (you must enter a password to enter the app)
- Fixed some bugs and features according to community feedback on NKN forum
- Some UI adjustments
The direct download link is available here.
The complete user guide as well as bug report page is available here
Chat Customer Support powered by nPubSub
You may have noticed the new Chat Bubble in the lower right hand corner of the NKN website. This is NKN’s new Chat Customer Support solution powered by nPubSub. Companies that would like to add real-time chat support capabilities to their web site, can integrate NKN’s solution into the application using our SDK. Messages will be sent via nPubSub and customers will be able to use the D-chat or nMobile application to manage and respond to inquiries.
You can make one for your website too, and here is the complete guide:
Upcoming NKN presentation at Insights Summit
NKN Co-Founder Bruce Li will be presenting “Communication as a Service powered by Blockchain” at the upcoming Online Blockchain Summit, Insights (co-hosted by Wanchain and FinNexus) to be launched in late January and February. Stay tuned for more information.
Chinese New Year Holidays
During the public holiday of Chinese New Year (Jan’24–30), our Beijing team will be on vacation. There will be support from our US team, but response time will be longer than usual. Thanks for your understanding and happy spring festival!
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.