- NKN & Wolfram joint conference on distributed Consensus
- Ramping up Korean marketing and building our Korean community
- NKN Mainnet upgraded to 2.1.4
- Massively upgraded NKNx v3.0 is on its way
- nWatch: new mining portal by community
- Learning: App-centric virtual network | NKN
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Mainnet Stats June 03, 2021:
- 💻 81,163 full consensus nodes
- 🏭 337 ISPs or cloud providers
- 🌐 79 countries & regions
The latest stable release for mainnet is v2.1.4
NKN & Wolfram joint conference on distributed Consensus
On May 26, 2021, 11AM US East time, NKN and Wolfram Research successfully held a 9-hour long research conference on distributed consensus and cellular automata. This event has attracted more than 600 real-time audiences on YouTube, Zoom and Twitch with an amazing speaker lineup including Dr. Stephen Wolfram, Dr. Yilun Zhang and other guests from internationally renowned universities and crypto projects such as Boston University, IOTA, AVA Labs, etc.
Dr. Stephen Wolfram’s open keynote gives a sweeping overview of the entire distributed consensus research field, from past, present to the future. His intimate understanding of the Computational Universe illuminated many possibilities of future research into the distributed consensus research.
Keynote by NKN CTO Dr. Yilun Zhang dives deep into the NKN MOCA consensus algorithm, and why it is “Battle proven!”
– Largest blockchain network: 100,000 consensus nodes
– Live for 3 years
– Implementation: Majority vOte Cellular Automata (MOCA)
– Open source: https://github.com/nknorg/nkn
For highlights of the conference, please visit:
Ramping up Korean marketing and building our Korean community
NKN is accelerating a good start in Korea!
We are expanding our Korean community and gaining more interest by introducing our project on Korean crypto media platforms such as Cobak and Naver.
As a global project with communities and followers everywhere around the globe, we value every single country and place, and we will do our best to provide support both for developers and to consumers.
NKN Mainnet upgraded to 2.1.4
Our new mainnet version is updated to v2.1.4 at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases 56. This version adjusts a few sigchain related consensus parameters to enhance network security. The change became effective at block height 2,651,000.
For more detailed information about how to update, please visit:
Massively upgraded NKNx v3.0 is on its way
Our community developed project NKNx is gearing up to launch their new updated version v3.0! NKNx v3.0 will mark a huge milestone for the projects, and they are also refactored some components and made it more user-friendly.
– Improved security: 2FA and SSH public keys for FastDeploy
– Notifications (NKNx IOS and Android) – secret!
– FIAT based subscription model
– API for 3rd party apps
– Payment gateway for ID generation fees
Good development takes a longer time but the best experience possible is coming up!
nWatch: new mining portal by community
Community built $NKN mining portal nWatch is available and introduce “Network Stats”
– The mining reward distribution
– The node id generation over the time
What could be the solution to problems of modern public Internet such as long latency and low throughput? How could we possibly overcome its unpredictable performance for consumers and enterprises?
Working our way to build a better, safer, and easier network for everyone on this planet, NKN defines these specific solutions as App-centric Virtual Networks: they should be able to ensure good performance in an uncoordinated open Internet.
Find out more: