- nCDN New Kind of Content Delivery product Launched
- Two-way NKN Mainnet token swap schedule announced
- Decentralized FTP article published on Hackernoon
- nStatus: A simple NKN node checker
- Compiled list of all NKP proposals
- Japanese translation: nCDN launch, token swap schedule
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Mainnet Stats November 19th, 2019:
- 🌐 46 countries & countries
- 🏭 265 ISPs or cloud providers
- 💻 15,112 full consensus nodes
NKN mainnet code development progress over the last two weeks is mainly reflected in nknd, nkn-cloud-image, tuna, documentations, nkn-file-transfer, consequential, nkn-shell-daemon, nkn-java-sdk, nkn-shell-client-xterm, and nkn-sdk-android public repositories and different branches, as well as NKN mobile app and ncdn related private repositories.
- Pull Request: 27
- Commits: 90
The latest stable release for mainnet is v1.1.1-beta
NKN releases new Mainnet v1.1.1-beta
- [BETA] Chain DB size reduction. There is now an option to enable state pruning that can greatly reduce ChainDB size by removing unused states. This feature is currently in Beta and not enabled by default. You can enable it by setting StatePruningMode to “lowmem” in config.json, or start nknd with — pruning lowmem argument.
- Implement random sampling neighbors in voting and gossip
- Add block verification when syncing and persisting blocks
- Implement multicast and compression protocol
- Fix the bug that nanopay txn not in txpool gets removed
- Fix the bug that nknc return code is not correct
nCDN New Kind of Content Delivery product Launched
On November 4th, NKN launched nCDN, or New Kind of Content Delivery Network, which combines the best elements of traditional data center focused CDNs and client-based P2P CDNs for a truly new solution. This new service uses NKN’s global shared network of servers across many different platforms including data centers by many of the top cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, and DigitalOcean as well as edge locations including home WiFi routers, NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices, and more. The result is a CDN with many points of presence and embedded quality controls to ensure availability and performance.
nCDN is currently in limited beta for selected enterprise and Small Medium Business customers. If you are interested in trying nCDN for your business, please visit https://www.ncdn.io/ and apply for a free trial account.
Two-way NKN Mainnet token swap schedule announced
On November 13th, NKN announced the token swap between Mainnet and ERC-20 according to the following schedule:
> ERC-20 to Mainnet token swap: always open
> Mainnet to ERC-20 token swap: open for 2 weeks every 2 months
- September 19–30, 2019 (test run, completed)
- November 18–27, 2019
- January 13–22, 2020
- March 16–27, 2020
- May 18–29, 2020
- Future dates to be announced
> Please note that NKN Foundation reserve the right to change the schedule due to national holidays, major events, technical support availability, and other factors.
Token holders can use the official Swap tool for swap transactions.
Decentralized FTP article published on Hackernoon
On November 7th, the article, “Achieve High Throughput Direct File Transfers using NKN client [Decentralized FTP]” was published on the independent technology publication Hackernoon. This article features NKN’s file transfer app and client to enable free end to end data transmission in a purely decentralized way. Best of all, NKN’s D-FTP provides up to 2x-4x throughput improvement over existing solutions from companies like WeChat and QQ.
This solution is great for overcoming the performance and size limitations experienced by many applications when transferring large files and can be embedded into almost any application. Download the app and try it for yourself today.
nStatus: A simple NKN node checker
Introducing nStatus, a cool new NKN node/network status monitor by community developer Mutsi. With nStatus you can view the node status by IP address, find out all your NKN neighbors, relayed packets, and average latency as well as watch a mesmerizing animation of the signature chain. Great work!
Compiled List of all NKP proposals
Did you know about NKP, or New Kind of Proposal? NKP is NKN’s community process for anyone to propose changes to NKN technology and economic models, get feedback from community, and get it implemented if a consensus is reached. The following forum post lists all the NKP to date, as well as its current status (in discussion or implemented).
Japanese translation of two articles
- our nCDN launch article: “nCDNのご紹介: : New Kind of CDN at www.ncdn.io“
- Our mainnet token swap schedule article: “NKNメインネット・トークン・スワップスケジュール”
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.