- Huobi Global selects NKN for Fastrack listing
- Testnet token (tNKN) redemption starts June 17th
- New all time high for public testnet: 12,280 nodes
- Experimental D-Chat featuring NKN Messaging and Pub/Sub
- PR: “NKN: The Primer” published on TheDailyChain
- New “What is NKN” animated video
- Node Scanner Available for Windows
Github source code development progress
Our core developers are using the month of June for bug fixes, performance and security improvements, testing and more testing of mainnet (v0.9).
NKN testnet code development progress over the last two weeks is mainly reflected in nkn, nnet, nkn-wallet-js, nkn-client-js, and go-nat repositories and different branches.
Pull Request: 42
NKN Testnet v0.8.3-alpha
- Fixed a timestamp bug that caused some nodes stop
NKN Mainnet v0.9 (a long list)
- remove orphan txn list from txpool
- Upgrade protocol version
- Differentiate between hard and soft timestamp check
- Add http client timeout
- fixbug: deadlock in BlockValidationState
- fixbug: incompatible data in wallet.dat
- Add random offset to timestamp tolerance
- Check txn root for REQUEST_FULL_TRANSACTION
- use GenerateID transaction to generate chordid
- fixbug: check the return code of cs.spendTransaction
- fixbug: cs.GetCurrentBlockStateRoot return wrong root when height is 0
- pass to CleanSubmittedTransactions only txs that existed in local pool
- try to refresh block validation state when clearing txs from the pool…
- implement initial version of nano pay
- Improve verification in txpool
- defer changes to BlockValidationState until all verifications are passed
- Add NumTxnPerBlock in config to control self proposed block size
- Add max voting interval to prevent mixing votes between rounds
- Upgrade db and protocol version
- Pre-fill votes to neighbors before election starts
- Set local consensus height when first get neighbor’s majority consensus height
- Increase db and protocol version
- Change txn verification to async to avoid msg congestion
- Add Mining param in config to enable validator without mining
- improve state db flow
- unify and optimize tx validation
- improve txpool memory usage
- improve getrawmempool API
- Add timeout for building block
- Send i have block msg before verification for faster block propagation
- Add txn signature verification cache
- Add deadline for verify transactions
- Upgrade protocol and database version
- Prevent fetching the same non-optimal sigchain twice
- Check if returned sigchain response is nil
- Optimize sigchain verification logic to reduce verification cost
- Verify sigchain txn after receiving it from neighbor
- Increase db version and protocol version
- Implement efficient sigchain broadcasting
- Add transactions root check
- Implement fast block propagation by only requesting txn hash
- Use pb struct directly in message to avoid double unmarshal
- Remove dot imports except for importing nkn/common
- Change all msg type to unsigned
- Implement hop by hop encryption for all node to node traffic
- Verify node verison/id/port before dialing using the new nnet middleware
- Remove wait after block persist due to block persist API change
- add more information in JsonRPC
- Rename ConsensusData to RandomBeacon
- add API ‘getid’ and nknc command ‘id’
- add verification in txpool, mining and tranactioncheck
- add GenerateID processing flow in statedb and store
- add GenerateID transaction in pb/payload.proto
Huobi Global selects NKN for FastTrack listing
On June 4, NKN was selected by Huobi Global as one of the first 5 Fastrack Projects for listing. This demonstrates the tremendous achievements by NKN project in terms of technology and product maturity, community support, and overall ecosystem strength.
This Fastrack listing of NKN will:
- spread awareness of NKN project among Huobi Global’s millions of users in over 130 countries
- improve the liquidity of NKN tokens
Testnet token (tNKN) redemption starts June 17th
NKN is happy to announce the redemption program to swap your NKN test tokens (tNKN) into ERC-20 NKN token starting Monday June 17th, 2019. The end date is to be determined and will be announced later.
The official tNKN testnet token swap tool is here:
Conditions and restrictions:
- The minimal tNKN test token you can redeem is 100 from each wallet address, and the maximum is 500,000.
- Conversion ratio is 5:1, 5 NKN test tokens will be converted to 1 ERC-20 NKN
- The redemption period will start Monday June 17th, 2019 and the end date is to be determined.
There is a daily upper limit of 2,500,000 tNKN (equivalent of 500,000 NKN), for swap. It is designed to enhance swap system security and smooth out the impact on overall token supply. It will be replenished every day at around 10AM Beijing time (2AM UTC).
New all time high for public testnet: 12,280 nodes
On June 7th, NKN reached a new all time high of 12,280 full consensus nodes running on our global testnet. NKN is the largest blockchain network based on number of full consensus nodes, surpassing Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin Cash.
- $btc: 9666 nodes
- $eth: 8555 nodes
- $bch: 1571 nodes
Experimental D-Chat featuring NKN Pub/Sub
NKN Community member lynn has created an experimental D-Chat messaging app as a browser plug-in. It is based on the Web3Infra Alliance D-Chat app which was open sourced back on February 11th, 2019. NKN is a founding member of the Web3Infra Alliance and the D-Chat app showcases the use of blockchain based decentralized services in a real-world application. The experimental D-Chat app uses NKN’s new decentralized pub/sub messaging to manage message delivery across multiple users in a group chat. The App is available as a browser plugin on Firefox or Chrome.
Experimental D-Chat browser plug-ins:
NKN: The Primer
On June 14th, NKN Community member gigamesh published on TheDailyChain the blog, “An Introduction to New Kind of Network, Censorship Resistance, and Cellular Automata” to serve as a non-technical primer for NKN. The article not only covers the need for a decentralized Internet, but also shares the underlying concepts of NKN’s network such as a Cellular Automata, Proof of Relay, and more. You can check it out here.
New “What is NKN” Video
Thank you to community member, ulimuli, for creating this “What is NKN” introduction video. Versions are available in English as well as German and Turkish.
NKN Node Scanner Available for Windows
Community member Allen from Shanghai has created the NKN Node Scanner, a tool to monitor all your local NKN nodes. This is very handy if any of the online web monitoring tools are not online. The tool is available as an executable for Windows and requires .Net Framework 4.6 if not using the tool on Windows 10.
NKN Node Scanner:
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.