- Building nConnect: NKN’s innovation in remote access to files and apps
- Our new roadmap beyond 2020: a bigger vision
- New updates to NKN official website
- 370Mbps high speed in latest TUNA testing
- “Surge” file sharing app: starts closed Alpha testing
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Mainnet Stats September 7, 2020:
- 💻 28,297 full consensus nodes
- 🏭 157 ISPs or cloud providers
- 🌐 37 countries & regions
The latest stable release for mainnet is v2.0.4
Building nConnect: NKN’s innovation in remote access to files and apps
In recent months, NKN has been busy building an innovative new solution called nConnect for remotely accessing files and apps on private networks. The technical term is NAT Transversal, which is a crucial part of software defined wide area networks.
One of the first use cases is remotely accessing files and apps in NAS (Network Attached Storage, commonly known as network disks), and we are working with top tier NAS vendors in this space. They love the unique combination of security, speed, and affordability provided by our nConnect solution.
Stay tuned for partner announcements and commercial deals in this space!
Our new roadmap beyond 2020: a bigger vision
Upon the completion of our existing roadmap that was planned since the very start of our journey, NKN has come to a brand-new phase, and of course with an updated roadmap beyond 2020.
NKN is aiming higher in technology tracks and pursuing a bigger vision on commercial sides, stay tuned with our team!
New updates to NKN official website
Recently we have updated some segments of our official website https://www.nkn.org:
- Aded Press Coverage that includes a variety of articles from different authors and media sources.
- NKN roadmap has been updated
- Cleaned up and rearranged the order of different segments on the front page for easier navigation.
370Mbps high speed in TUNA testing
TUNA never fails us on its downloading speed! As we are testing for one of our potential partners, we tested on 115 TUNA proxy servers and sampled over 255 measurements: the average download speed has actually reached up to 370Mbps! An impressive feat.
“Surge”, the file sharing app, starts closed Alpha testing
On 29th of August, the Rule110 team from NKN’s open-source development community has officially announced the closed alpha testing of “Surge”, the 100% anonymous p2p file sharing application utilizing NKN blockchain. The whole team is working hard to guarantee a great experience on every operating system. Time to get eager and excited, we’ll be able to meet “Surge” soon!
Follow the official twitter of Rule 110 for more updates: @Rule110_io