- New MainNet v1.1.2-beta Release
- 2019: Year End Review
- nMobile Pre-Beta testing for Android
- Happy New Year 2020!
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Mainnet Stats January 2, 2019:
- 🌐 43 countries & regions
- 🏭 238 ISPs or cloud providers
- 💻 17,185 full consensus nodes
NKN mainnet code development progress over the last two weeks is mainly reflected in nknd, nkn-sdk-go, nkn-client-js, nnet, nkn-multiclient-js, nkn-sdk-android, portcheck-serve public repositories and different branches, as well as nMobile app and ncdn related private repositories.
- Pull Request:12
- Commits: 29
The latest stable release for mainnet is v1.1.2-beta
New Mainnet v1.1.2-beta Release
On December 20th, NKN released Mainnet v1.1.2-beta, which includes the following new features:
- Implement [NKP-0003] Providing https/wss endpoint for EVERY NKN node, now every node needs to open port 30001–30005 (two more ports 30004/30005 needs to be open) in order to accept https/wss clients and receive more rewards
- Introducing go-upnp as another NAT traversal library to increase success rate
- Starting http json server while generating id to allow node monitor get status earlier
For miners, this release requires the following changes to the install procedure:
- Two more ports 30004 and 30005 need to be open in order to accept https/wss clients and receive more mining rewards!
- The certs directory should be shipped together with nknd! It’s included in the release zip file, but if you are using your own script to install/update nodes, please remember to include/updates certs directory together!
For additional details, please check out our release notes.
2019: Year End Review
The start of a new year gives us the opportunity to celebrate our accomplishments as well as look ahead at where we are going in 2020. This past year was filled with major achievements including the launch of Mainnet 1.0, new Communication as a Service (CaaS) solutions including nCDN, commercial trials and contracts with enterprise customers like NETNIC and China Mobile, and new exchanges including Binance, Huobi, Bittrex Global, and Upbit.
As we look ahead to 2020, we look forward to expanding our portfolio to offer more solutions, such as our Communication as a Service (CaaS) offering, to more customers, and all built on the largest shared network globally. The future looks bright in 2020!
Please check out the full article here.
nMobile Pre-Beta Testing for Android
NKN’s new nMobile android application is available now in Pre-beta for community testing. This mobile app combines the functionality of NKN wallet, D-Chat, latest NKN news, mining node monitoring, as well as IoT communication and control into one easy to use application. We will be making improvements to the app over the next few months and look forward to hearing your feedback.
Download Link (Android APK):
Happy New Year 2020!
From all of us here at NKN, we would like to wish you a wonderful and prosperous happy new year!
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.