We released a new version v1.1-beta. Version 1.1 is a major release that introduced web GUI dashboard, new crypto puzzle mechanism, new txn type, and a lot performance optimization. Feature highlights:
- Add a web-based GUI dashboard that can be used to show node status and change configurations. By default the dashboard can be accessed from browser at
http://127.0.0.1:30000. Note: in order to build the dashboard from source, you need to have
Node.js (v10 or higher)and
yarninstalled. But you don’t need them if you download the release version.
- Reduce memory usage (and we are working on further reduce it in the future)
- Reduce disk IO usage when txn pool is full
- When new wallet joins the network for the first time (generate ID), it now needs to solve a crypto-puzzle which should take about 15 mins on average
- Faster block sync with default parameter
- Allow resubscribe and unsubscribe
This is an incompatible upgrade, so upgrade is required. The old version will be deprecated very soon to accelerate the upgrade process.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace your nknd and nknc and run again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updator, then it should be automatic if the auto-updator is working properly.
You probably don’t need to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_latest.zip 1.
To update to the new version, please stop your nknd, rebuild (or download the latest binary from https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases ), and then restart. If you are using the GUI miner or auto-updater, then you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.
Discord: https://discord.gg/yVCWmkC 1