- 5G and the New Kind of Network
- CEO Yanbo Li at Global Digital Economy Summit
- Partnering for the Decentralized Web
- A teaser for nCDN
- New Kind of Proposal — NKP-0012, NKP-0013
- Press Release featured in Yahoo Finance, Enterprise Talk, and more
- nknX node and wallet manager Relaunch for mainnet
- D-chat adding faucet and tipping features
- NLove — A new way to meet people on the blockchain
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Stats August 19th, 2019:
🌐 42 countries
🏭 240 ISPs or cloud providers
💻 16,153 full consensus nodes
📀 4 new releases
NKN mainnet code development progress over the last two weeks is mainly reflected in nkn, nkn-sdk-go, nkn-wallet-js, nkn-client-js, nnet, nkn-sdk-py3, nkn-multiclient-js, documentations, nkn-file-transfer, nkn-java-sdk, and NKNDataPump repositories and different branches.
Pull Request: 43
The latest stable release for mainnet is v1.0.8-beta.
NKN Mainnet v1.08-beta
This release helps new node to join the network when the low fee transactions are congested by allowing node to add txn fee for generate id txn automatically and also being able to include more small size low fee txn per block:
- Add RegisterIDTxnFee to control txn fee when generating id
- Add LowFeeTxnSizePerBlock to control low fee txn size per block (it is now recommended to use LowFeeTxnSizePerBlock instead of NumLowFeeTxnPerBlock to control low fee txn in block)
NKN Mainnet v1.07-beta
This release limits the memory usage of txpool and block syncing and also fix a few bugs. The following parameters in config.json can be used to control memory usage:
- TxPoolMaxMemorySize, in unit of MB, default to 32MB
- SyncBlocksMaxMemorySize, in unit of MB, default to 10% of max RAM
NKN Mainnet v1.06-beta
This release improves block building and syncing logic under massive spamming transactions:
- Add NumLowFeeTxnPerBlock config to control building block logic
- Dynamically adjust sync RAM usage based on total RAM
- Retry syncing block with halfing batch size if fails
NKN Mainnet v1.05-beta
- Limit subscribe txn metadata size
- Reduce maximum database file descriptor usage
- Hide panic stacktrace to avoid showing building path
- Add info -p pretty print for nknc -b, -t, — height
5G and the New Kind of Network
On August 13th, NKN published “5G and the New Kind of Network”. We are excited about the promises of 5G as it brings new underlying technologies that are complementary to NKN. 5G Benefits for NKN include:
- Higher Speed and Low Latency — NKN users on 5G will experience lower latency and higher throughput performance
- Edge Computing — Edge Computing creates a more decentralized 5G network and these intersections are a great location for NKN nodes
- Network Slicing — 5G carriers can now share network resources with NKN without the risk of exposing the entire network to the public
- Cross-platform — 5G will continue to run alongside 4G, WiFi, and other connectivity options. NKN works across all these networks to provide a ubiquitous internet connection experience
For more details, check out the article here.
CEO Yanbo Li at Global Digital Economy Summit
On August 8th, NKN CEO Yanbo Li attended the 2019 Global Digital Economy Summit in Hainan, China. At the event, Yanbo participated in a panel discussed “Post Facebook Libra era: blockchain opportunities and challenges”.
Partnering for the Decentralized Web
Many in our community ask us about our collaborations and why we choose to partner. On July 31st, NKN published “NKN: Partnering for the Decentralized Web”, that offers insights into our strategy and why we are selective in which projects to partner.
NKN have strategically partnered with companies in key areas to collaborate and bring together all the elements needed for developers to build fully decentralized applications. These areas include: Compute, Storage, Performance & Scale, as well as applications. If you think your business fits in our partner ecosystem map, please contact us at: email@example.com
Teaser for upcoming nCDN
nCDN or new kind of CDN, combines the best of traditional CDN (24×7, reliable, fast speed) and p2p CDN (thousands of edge nodes, low cost). The service uses $NKN as the circulating utility token while bridging real-world fiat revenue.
Press Release featured in Yahoo Finance, Enterprise Talk, and more
On August 6th, NKN published a new Press Release that provides updates about NKN and vision following our Mainnet release in July. The article also features NKN’s new Pub/Sub messaging and nCDN flagship products as well. The PR was picked up by Yahoo Finance, Enterprise Talk, and many other publications as well. Read the full story here.
New Kind of Proposal — NKP-0012, NKP-0013
Two new NKPs were presented to the community over the past 2 weeks. These include topics: Limit subscribe metadata size, Persistent data storage. Check out the details below.
[NKP-0012] Limit subscribe metadata size
[NKP-0013] P.E.D.S — Persistent data storage
Community (nknx.org) created node and wallet management tool, nknX, was relaunched as a public beta on August 5th. The new tool features a brand new redesign as well as mainnet support for miners. In addition, nknX users will no longer need to pay a registration fee to “Fast Deploy” a node with their latest update on August 18th. Try it for yourself at https://beta.nknx.org/
D-chat adding faucet and tipping features
D-Chat has implemented the first NKN faucet and tipping function to support new users to Subscribe to a group quickly, even with an empty wallet. Thanks to our community developer Lynn for building an app that focuses on user experience and lower barrier to entry!
Find out more: https://forum.nkn.org/t/d-chat/1036
NLove — A new way to meet people on the blockchain
Community created NLove is a tool to meet new people to chat with using the blockchain on NKN + IOTA protocol. Users can create a profile and either be randomly matched with other profiles or join the public chat called the “hangout zone”.
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.