- dataRide Launch
- NKN China team help fight Coronavirus
- Upcoming: English Video AMA February 20th
- Upcoming: Chinese Video AMA February 20th
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Mainnet Stats February 17, 2020:
- 🌐 47 countries & regions
- 🏭 228 ISPs or cloud providers
- 💻 21,644 full consensus nodes
NKN mainnet code development progress over the last two weeks is mainly reflected in tuna, nkn-sdk-js, nkn-tunnel, nkn-tuna-session, documentations, nkn-shell-client-xterm, nkn-sdk-go, nftp-js, ncp-js, and ncp-go public repositories and different branches, as well as nMobile app and ncdn related private repositories.
- Pull Request: 9
- Commits: 113
The latest stable release for mainnet is v1.1.3-beta
Mainnet v1.1.3-beta Release
On January 8th, NKN released Mainnet v1.1.3-beta, which officially enables support for https/wss. This new release includes:
- TLS certs content has been updated. Please make sure to update certs!
- TLS certs name has been changed for window compatibility.
- Just in case you missed the previous upgrade info: please make sure port 30004/30005 are also open, otherwise TLS clients will not be able to connect to you.
For additional details, please check out our release notes.
On Feb 11th 2020, NKN officially launched dataRide, a suite of decentralized communication products that fully utilize NKN’s global network. dataRide provides secure messaging, streaming and direct file transfer services for person to person, machine-human as well as machine-machine communication.
Here are just a few real world use cases for dataRide:
Developer Benefits for dataRide powered by NKN:
- Simple & Lightweight SDK: just a few lines of code, popular language support
- Free to Try, Low Cost to Deploy: Freemium business model
- Free & Open Source: no proprietary platform lock-ins, no hidden backdoors
Together with nCDN, dataRide completes NKN’s suite of decentralized communication products and solutions. Best of all, most of the dataRide use cases are available to deploy today. Developers and enterprise customers can head to our dedicated dataRide website for detailed information, use cases, code snippets and even an interactive test tool to experience and build with dataRide.
NKN China team help fight Coronavirus
Despite Coronavirus, NKN Beijing team members are all healthy and working hard from home. We are used to remote working and use a full suite of NKN’s own tools (d-chat, TUNA, nsh) and collaboration software. Therefore we are full steam ahead in both technology and business development, as well as supporting our customers, community, and partners.
We are also doing our small part: donating bandwidth & NKN communication tools to help enterprises collaborate remotely & securely. This is a joint effort by NKN, InfoQ (极客邦科技), and China Mobile (中国移动广东江门公司，Guangdong Jiangmen).
Let’s all stay healthy and strong, and get through these tough times together!
Upcoming: English Video AMA February 20th
We are hosting a video AMA with NKN core team on February 20th.
Date and time:
- February 20th, 2020, 17:00 GMT
- February 20th, 2020, 9AM US Pacific
- February 20th, 2020, 1AM Beijing
- Zoom Webinar: https://zoom.us/j/633277527
- YouTube Live: http://www.youtube.com/c/NKNORG
Please mark your calendar, follow this thread on forum and submit your questions:
Video AMA with NKN Core Team: February 2020
Upcoming: Chinese Video AMA February 2020
- 日期和时间: 2020/02/20, 北京时间：下午6:00
- 线上直播链接: https://zoom.us/j/612862954
- 提交问题：NKN核心团队“有问必答”直播 — 2020年2月
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.